We believe that matcha green tea is a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. What often makes this tough is that authentic Japanese matcha tends to be very expensive. So we set out to partner directly with the best farms in Japan, and the result has become our brand, PureGreenTeas Matcha. We promise to offer the highest quality Japanese matcha at a fair price, so that you too can add it to your own healthy lifestyle.
Matcha Mix is a blend of authentic Japanese Matcha and pure cane sugar. Discover sweet matcha and leave no leaf unturned.
Use Sweet Matcha to create delicious, easy-to-prepare green tea lattes, or experiment to mix your own unique concoctions.
POPULAR RECIPES FOR CULINARY MATCHA
Perfect Matcha Latte
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Matcha powder (depending on how strong you want it)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup heated plain almond milk or regular milk
1) Heat up the water to just under a boil
2) Separately, heat up the milk to just under a boil
3) Whisk matcha powder with hot water until dissolved (an electric frother works well!)
4) Froth the milk (again, an electric frother works best!) then add it to matcha mixture
5) Optionally sprinkle a dash of Matcha on top for presentation, and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp matcha
- 1/2 cup milk
1) Heat oven to 375°
2) Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins)
3) In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating after each
5) Beat in vanilla, baking powder, salt, and matcha
6) With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat
7) Spoon into muffin cups and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is matcha?
Matcha is premium green tea powder from Japan used for drinking as tea or as an ingredient in recipes. While other green teas are grown throughout the world, matcha is unique to Japan.
What grade of matcha is this, and how do I use it?
This is our Classic Culinary Grade matcha, which is an affordable way to add a delicious, healthy boost to smoothies, lattes, baked goods, and other dishes.
Does it contain caffeine?
Yes, each half-teaspoon (1g) serving contains roughly 34mg of caffeine, about 1/3 a cup of coffee. However, Matcha also contains L-Theanine, which has a calming and leveling affect, so it doesn't make you feel jittery or wired like coffee does.
What are other health benefits?
It is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, fiber and chlorophyll. The health benefits of matcha exceed those of other green teas because matcha drinkers ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of nutritional value and antioxidant content.